Devel::StackTrace

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Billy N. Patton, Nov 16, 2006.

  1. I'm trying to use Devel::StackTrace 1.13
    I have a module that I want to limit it's scope to reporting just one
    module.
    I can't even get it to limit according to the docs.
    Here is my subroutine that calls it.
    sub debug(;$$)
    {
    my ($msg,$level) = @_;e
    return unless $::Debug;
    $level = 1 unless defined $level;
    return unless $level <= $::Debug;
    my @ignore_packages = qw (
    HTML
    GenDeck
    );
    my $trace = Devel::StackTrace->new(ignore_class =>
    \@ignore_packages
    ,ignore_package =>
    \@ignore_packages
    );
    my $line = (caller(0))[2];
    my $caller = (caller(1))[3];
    print STDOUT ' ' x $level;
    print STDOUT "$caller from line# $line\n";
    print STDOUT $trace->as_string;
    }

    Sorry I can't send more but it's too much stuff. The first 2 print
    STDOUT are hold overs from the original debug calls. THen I started
    trying to use Devel::StackTrace. This will trim down once I get the
    stack trace working.
    Billy N. Patton, Nov 16, 2006