Development support for CSS

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Deryck, Oct 8, 2004.

  1. Deryck

    Deryck Guest

    Hello,

    Are there any tools to help write HTML-with-CSS and CSS? Given that user
    agents are supposed to ignore parse errors it can be frustrating when I
    write a bit of CSS with one or more typos in it and spend ages trying to
    find the problem (possibly because I think that Im looking for a browser
    problem/fix). Granted, the validator is your friend but if you write
    something like:

    whatever

    in the HTML and

    #something{

    in the CSS neither the HTML or CSS validators will complain about the typo
    mismatch (and why should they?) Is there something like the lint tool for
    CSS/HTML?

    Cheers

    Deryck

    Deryck, Oct 8, 2004

  2. Deryck

    Spartanicus Guest

    "Deryck" <> wrote:

    >in the CSS neither the HTML or CSS validators will complain about the typo
    >mismatch (and why should they?) Is there something like the lint tool for
    >CSS/HTML?

    Topstyle has an unused class and id reporting tool which may be of some
    help. Note that it has a few nasty limitations like no media rule
    support and no support for multiple classes.

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Oct 8, 2004