Development support for CSS

Deryck

Hello,

Are there any tools to help write HTML-with-CSS and CSS? Given that user
agents are supposed to ignore parse errors it can be frustrating when I
write a bit of CSS with one or more typos in it and spend ages trying to
find the problem (possibly because I think that Im looking for a browser
problem/fix). Granted, the validator is your friend but if you write
something like:

whatever

in the HTML and

#something{

in the CSS neither the HTML or CSS validators will complain about the typo
mismatch (and why should they?) Is there something like the lint tool for
CSS/HTML?

Cheers

Deryck

Spartanicus

Deryck said:
in the CSS neither the HTML or CSS validators will complain about the typo
mismatch (and why should they?) Is there something like the lint tool for
CSS/HTML?

Topstyle has an unused class and id reporting tool which may be of some
help. Note that it has a few nasty limitations like no media rule
support and no support for multiple classes.