    always remember to change the reference right before making a new version?

    Can I put the actual address in the .config file and use it from there?

    TIA - Jeff.
    UJ, Dec 26, 2005

  2. There are 2 ways of doing it:
    1. Tightly Bind your application with a web reference and create two MSI's -
    one for Production environment and the other for Development environment. So
    you Production MSI is pointing to your production web service and the
    Development MSI is pointing to the development web service.
    2. Loosly bind the application with your web service. Dynamically assign the
    URL to the web service using the following code:

    DummyService.Url = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings[valueToRead];

    Your valueToRead would be the URL of the production and development boxes.
    Just comment and uncomment the URL, you want to use.

    Please revert back if the above mentioned solutions worked for you.

    --
    Piyush Thakuria
    Technical Lead

    Piyush Thakuria, Dec 28, 2005