Dialog Box styling

Jon Slaughter

I want to be able to style a box graphically but I'm not sure of any
efficient method. Right now I'm working with tables and my "code" outputs

where the table is 9 cells that represent the different parts of a dialog
box(corners, borders, etc..).

I'd like to apply a style using a style sheet to the table that adds images
as to create a graphical dialog box. The issue here is that I do not really
want to have to apply a class to each element because it adds overhead to
the table that should be unnecessary(it ends up increasing the file size for
no reason).

I although thought about using divs but tables seem more appropriate in this
case cause I always end up with positioning issues using divs.

The above will essentially have a fixed corner's and all the others will be
variable in size. The "tables" will be used many times over and actually be
coded in a php function so I'm trying to optimize it as much as possible.

Thanks,
Jon