Diary Programme?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Nobber, Nov 18, 2005.

  1. Nobber

    Nobber Guest

    Has anyone written a diary programme that has some or all of the
    following functionality:

    1) Is accessable through web page on the internet

    2) Allows two password levels

    * level one is the owner who can see all the events that are booked
    into the diary and can change move or edit events / appointments

    * level two .. viewer who can only see the empty spaces in the diary
    (and nothing else) they can however book appointements if they are
    blank and have the correct password.

    3) Allows level one user to manage accounts ie set / delete passwords
    for viewers.

    4) Allow level one user to assign certain parts of the diary as
    reserved.

    Thanks in advance

    Nobber, Nov 18, 2005

  2. "Nobber" <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone written a diary programme that has some or all of the
    > following functionality:
    >
    > 1) Is accessable through web page on the internet
    >
    > 2) Allows two password levels
    >
    > * level one is the owner who can see all the events that are booked
    > into the diary and can change move or edit events / appointments
    >
    > * level two .. viewer who can only see the empty spaces in the diary
    > (and nothing else) they can however book appointements if they are
    > blank and have the correct password.
    >
    > 3) Allows level one user to manage accounts ie set / delete passwords
    > for viewers.
    >
    > 4) Allow level one user to assign certain parts of the diary as
    > reserved.
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    I think #2 is going to trip you up. It almost seems like you are looking
    for a day planner and diary program (two seperate programs)

    Nevertheless it wouldn't be hard to code.

    --
    LTP

    :)

    Luc The Perverse, Nov 18, 2005

  3. On 2005-11-18, Luc The Perverse penned:
    > "Nobber" <> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone written a diary programme that has some or all of the
    >> following functionality:
    >>
    >> 1) Is accessable through web page on the internet
    >>
    >> 2) Allows two password levels
    >>
    >> * level one is the owner who can see all the events that are booked
    >> into the diary and can change move or edit events / appointments
    >>
    >> * level two .. viewer who can only see the empty spaces in the
    >> diary (and nothing else) they can however book appointements if
    >> they are blank and have the correct password.
    >>
    >> 3) Allows level one user to manage accounts ie set / delete
    >> passwords for viewers.
    >>
    >> 4) Allow level one user to assign certain parts of the diary as
    >> reserved.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance
    >>

    > I think #2 is going to trip you up. It almost seems like you are
    > looking for a day planner and diary program (two seperate programs)
    >
    > Nevertheless it wouldn't be hard to code.

    Actually, it sounds like a lot of web-based calendar apps I've seen.
    They're usually implemented in PHP or similar, though, not Java.

    --
    monique

    Ask smart questions, get good answers:

    Monique Y. Mudama, Nov 18, 2005