DICOM Tool Kit in Ruby

mac

------=_Part_3843_4461574.1139502950458

Good Morning,
Just wanted to let people know that I am working on a DICOM tool kit in
Ruby. So far I have completed classes for reading in DICOM images and
dumping the header. I have the netwrok layer coded completely and can do
association negotiation and receive images and save them to the disk. I am
working on Query/Retrieve now. I am hoping that by Mid march I will have a
prety much working DICOM SCP. I plan to release it to the public at that
time. If anybody is interested in working with me in completing this tool
kit, let me know. At some point I will need some help.

Thanks.

------=_Part_3843_4461574.1139502950458--

Mark Somerville

Sounds really interesting, thanks for your work. Any plans on the license?

Unfortunately, I don't have time to help out with this just now, but I'll
definitely be keeping an eye on this - it happens to have cropped at an
excellent time :)

Mark

mac

------=_Part_6708_6558764.1139511718813

I will release it on Ruby license, open source. I have over 10 years DICOM
experience and I wanted to learn Ruby, so I wrote the tool kit.

Sounds really interesting, thanks for your work. Any plans on the license= ?

Unfortunately, I don't have time to help out with this just now, but I'll
definitely be keeping an eye on this - it happens to have cropped at an
excellent time :)

Mark

------=_Part_6708_6558764.1139511718813--

Philip Rhoades

Mac,

I am starting to learn Ruby as well and am interested in this project -
I could probably help with testing & debugging etc.

Regards,

Phil.

--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited (ACN 003 252 275 ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW 2001
Australia
Mobile: +61:(0)411-185-652
Fax: +61:(0)2-8221-9599
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

Daniel Völkerts

Go on! Very, very nice. Are there any websites about your project?

--=20
Daniel V=F6lkerts
Protected by Anti Pesto.

mac

------=_Part_30104_7534049.1139595893731

I dont have any web site yet, but will soon. I want this project to be at
least at 0.1 release. Thanks for the encouragement.

mac said:
I dont have any web site yet, but will soon. I want this project to be = at
least at 0.1 release. Thanks for the encouragement.

Great! Please post an annoucement, I'll looking for it. Finally a usage=20
of ruby in medical environment ;) I'll have to write my bachelor thesis=20
next year in medical computer science. I hope that I can do it the ruby=20
way ;)

Greetings,
--=20
Daniel V=F6lkerts