    difference between these two.

    any help will be truely appreciated.

    thanks in advance.

    archana, Apr 9, 2007

  2. archana

    David Wier Guest

    Many web controls (which, in turn, return HTML to the web browser) have
    properties and methods added to them, which are unavailable in their HTML
    counterparts. By adding and ID and a Runat=Server to html controls, you
    essentially make it a generic html control, without the built in additions
    of some of the ASP.NEt Server controls.

    I use basic HTML for my tables most of the time, though a few times, I found
    that I needed the added functionality of the server controls.

    David Wier
    MVP/ASPInsider
    http://aspnet101.com
    http://aspexpress.com

    David Wier, Apr 9, 2007

  3. I've summarized the difference here:
    http://SteveOrr.net/faq/3in1.aspx#HTMLvsWeb

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Apr 11, 2007
  4. archana

    Mark Rae Guest

    Mark Rae, Apr 11, 2007
  5. Seems to be working for me.
    Perhaps there was a temporary glitch?

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Apr 11, 2007
  6. archana

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider]" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    > Seems to be working for me.

    Yes, fine now.

    > Perhaps there was a temporary glitch?