difference between web applications and applicaitons

Timothy V

Hi,
Could anybody tell me the differences between web applications (.aspx) and
applications (.exe)?

A url with some information would be great too.

Thank you in advance,

Timothy.

clintonG

In the contemporary context both require the .NET Framework
(DNF) to function.

Web Forms (.aspx) run on the IIS Application Server where the
DNF must be installed and Windows Forms (.exe) are installed on a
hardrive, run locally and require the .DNF to be installed on the
local machine.

MSDN is the quintessential resource for information.
http://msdn.microsoft.com

Getting Started in .NET
http://www.microsoft.com/net/

Architecture of the .NET Framework (.pdf)
http://www.devx.com/assets/summitdays/2679.pdf

GotDotNet
http://www.gotdotnet.com/

ASP.NET
http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1

--
<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET (e-mail address removed)

LaGarde StoreFront 5 Affiliate: e-Commerce Solutions
SEE: http://www.storefront.net/default.asp?REFERER=-201499070