difference between xsltc and xalan with nodeset?

Elhanan

hi..

when doing this with jaxp's xsltc :
<xsl:element name="Mine">

<xsl:variable name="test_prop"
select="document($map_doc)//Proposals"/>
<xsl:value-of select="$test_prop/Proposal[@Id='1']/@Id"/>

</xsl:element>

i get <Mine/> as if it didn't find any elements;

however when doing it with java's 1.4.2 xalan, i get the attribute..

what's going on.

i think i'm forced to use xsltc becouse if i use anything else that
doesn't come with jaxp my code which handle DOM would (like when not
finding xpath default factory).