difference of assining value to IE and Netscape

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Mr. x, Nov 29, 2003.

  1. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    Hello,

    I have the following :

    font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;">
    </i></b>

    I want to assign current_page_inner a value.
    What I did :
    current_page_inner.innerText = "A value"
    , but this change the default color of lightgreen.
    So I did :
    current_page_inner.children(0).innerText = "A Value"
    , but this works only for IE.

    How can I make a code that is both correct for IE and Netscape ?

    Thanks :)

    Mr. x, Nov 29, 2003

  2. Mr. x

    Steve R. Guest

    Mr. x wrote in message ...
    > I want to assign current_page_inner a value.

    We will only reply if you promise to stop TOP-POSTING your replies in your messages, which means you
    *should* type your reply BELOW the person's comment that you are replying to, as I have done here.

    In all your previous replies you have replied ABOVE the comments other people have made and it's
    upsetting some folk in here :~(

    Just put the mouse cursor below the text in the message you are replying to and then start typing
    :~)

    It also helps if you SNIP irrelevant parts of the message, as I have done here in my reply to you.

    Good luck :~)

    Steve.

    Steve R., Nov 29, 2003

  3. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    > We will only reply if you promise to stop TOP-POSTING your replies in your

    messages, which means you
    > *should* type your reply BELOW the person's comment that you are replying

    to, as I have done here.

    O.K, that's what you meant top-posting, I'll try...

    > In all your previous replies you have replied ABOVE the comments other

    people have made and it's
    > upsetting some folk in here :~(

    Sorry

    > Just put the mouse cursor below the text in the message you are replying

    to and then start typing
    > :~)

    O.K.

    > It also helps if you SNIP irrelevant parts of the message, as I have done

    here in my reply to you.
    > Good luck :~)

    Thanks :)

    What about my question ? :

    Mr. x, Nov 29, 2003
  4. Mr. x

    Sam Hughes Guest

    "Steve R." <stevie_ritchie(NOSPAM)@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > Mr. x wrote in message ...
    >> I want to assign current_page_inner a value.

    > We will only reply if you promise to stop TOP-POSTING your replies in
    > your messages, which means you *should* type your reply BELOW the
    > person's comment that you are replying to, as I have done here.

    <snip>

    It would also help, Steve, if your lines were not one hundred characters
    long ;-)

    Sam Hughes, Nov 30, 2003
  5. Mr. x

    Steve R. Guest

    Sam Hughes wrote in message ...
    > It would also help, Steve, if your lines were not one hundred characters
    > long ;-)

    Ooops .. sorry about that. I changed it a week or so back so I could place an ad in a
    newsgroup where the Charter permitted a maxium of four lines.

    It's down to 85 now. Is that about right? A figure of 77 springs to mind, but is lost
    somewhere in a tiny corner of my brain.

    Must check 'usenet' rules :~)

    Steve.

    Steve R., Dec 1, 2003
  6. Steve R. wrote:

    > It's down to 85 now. Is that about right? A figure of 77 springs to
    > mind, but is lost somewhere in a tiny corner of my brain.

    It is convention to wrap lines at less than 80 characters. 72 and 76 are
    oft quoted values because this means that the lines will be under 80
    characters even when quoted a few times. I personally use 74, though not
    through choice -- it just happens to be the default in my newsreader.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Dec 1, 2003