    strict doc type?

    Does it effect search engines atall?

    Cheers
    ={ Advocated }=, Sep 16, 2003

  2. ={ Advocated }=

    Andy Holmes Guest

    ={ Advocated }= wrote:
    > Whats actually the main/major differences with saying using a trad and
    > strict doc type?
    >
    > Does it effect search engines atall?
    >
    > Cheers

    Transitional doctypes let you get away with a lot more than Strict
    doctypes do. Examples being, what can be a child of what and deprecated
    markup.

    -Andy
    Andy Holmes, Sep 16, 2003

  3. ={ Advocated }=

    Isofarro Guest

    Isofarro, Sep 16, 2003
  4. ={ Advocated }=

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Matthias Gutfeldt <>
    writing in news:bk944v$qjrdn$-berlin.de:

    >> Does it effect search engines atall?

    > I don't think so, but I guess the folks in a search engines newsgroup
    > (e.g. alt.internet.search-engines) might know more.

    I think it might, just slightly, because the robot MAY be able to get the
    content a little faster, and MAY give "Brownie Points" for it. I seem to
    do better with Strict than Transitional.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com
    Adrienne, Sep 17, 2003
  5. ={ Advocated }=

    Isofarro Guest

    Adrienne wrote:

    [DocTypes and search engines]

    > I think it might, just slightly, because the robot MAY be able to get the
    > content a little faster, and MAY give "Brownie Points" for it. I seem to
    > do better with Strict than Transitional.

    Higher keyword density using Strict? (No presentational cruft to dilute it)

    --
    Iso.
    Web Design Tutorial: http://www.sitepoint.com/article/1010
    Isofarro, Sep 17, 2003