difference with doc types?

={ Advocated }=

Whats actually the main/major differences with saying using a trad and
strict doc type?

Does it effect search engines atall?

Cheers

Andy Holmes

={ Advocated }= said:
Whats actually the main/major differences with saying using a trad and
strict doc type?

Does it effect search engines atall?

Cheers

Transitional doctypes let you get away with a lot more than Strict
doctypes do. Examples being, what can be a child of what and deprecated
markup.

-Andy

Isofarro

={ Advocated }= said:
Whats actually the main/major differences with saying using a trad and
strict doc type?

Transitional doctypes are for use by older documents when translating them
from whatever their current state through to strict.

Strict doctypes are there for new pages.

Adrienne

I don't think so, but I guess the folks in a search engines newsgroup
(e.g. alt.internet.search-engines) might know more.

I think it might, just slightly, because the robot MAY be able to get the
content a little faster, and MAY give "Brownie Points" for it. I seem to
do better with Strict than Transitional.

Isofarro

Adrienne wrote:

[DocTypes and search engines]
I think it might, just slightly, because the robot MAY be able to get the
content a little faster, and MAY give "Brownie Points" for it. I seem to
do better with Strict than Transitional.

Higher keyword density using Strict? (No presentational cruft to dilute it)