Disable a field keeping text black?

harry

I have a dropdown box that may or may not be disabled depending on what the
user's selected. Disabling it stops any changes & focus but the text
automatically turns grey. Is there anyway to keep the text black but the
background still grey?

Tried with CSS & although can get the background to change to grey I can't
find a way of preventing changes (& focus)?

any ideas

many thanks

J.H

brucie

in post: <
harry said:
I have a dropdown box that may or may not be disabled depending on what the
user's selected. Disabling it stops any changes & focus but the text
automatically turns grey. Is there anyway to keep the text black but the
background still grey?

the colors are dependent on the visitors settings, they may not
necessarily be the same as your grey.

some browser allow you to change the fore and/or background colors with
the usual CSS but i would strongly recommend against it.

a person can instantly recognize that something is unavailable to them
with their normal colors/styles. when you change them they have no idea
what the colors may represent.