Disable file download dialog

Guest

Hi!

Please, could anybody advice me, is it possible to disable file download
dialog in
ASP.NET page or just save button in the file download dialog so that user
should only open for example word document?

Thanks

Peter

Guest

I think it is not possible.

If you put a file on a web server, you explicitly share it. If you want to
disable user to download image for example, think that users can copy screen
into the clipboard, and moreover that web browser download images file into a
temporary directory.

Patrice

You should see a checkbox on the download dialog that allows the user to
bypass this dialog for this particular type of files if he wants.

You can do nothing about it from your web app (local setting).

Patrice