    other users. However I'd like to prevent this text from rendering to html.
    I remember there was a html tag that can do this. Can someone tell me what
    it is? I don't think it's [pre], but not sure.

    Shabam, Apr 26, 2005

  2. Shabam wrote:

    > I'mallowing users to put in optional text in a form, which will be sent to
    > other users. However I'd like to prevent this text from rendering to
    > html.

    Convert & characters to &amp;, < characters to &lt; and > characters to
    &gt;. This is trivial in pretty much any language you might be processing
    the form data with.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Apr 26, 2005

  3. Shabam

    Safalra Guest

    Shabam wrote:
    > I'mallowing users to put in optional text in a form, which will be

    sent to
    > other users. However I'd like to prevent this text from rendering to

    html.
    > I remember there was a html tag that can do this. Can someone tell

    me what
    > it is? I don't think it's [pre], but not sure.

    You're thinking of <plaintext>. Don't use it though - it's the work of
    the devil (or TBL when he was briefly possessed by the devil). David
    Dorward's reply gives you the right answer.

    --
    Safalra (Stephen Morley)
    http://www.safalra.com/hypertext/

    Safalra, Apr 27, 2005