    We would like to see some other text there besides the navigate URL.

    Thanks In Advance
    Rod

    RodBillett, Dec 23, 2003

  2. RodBillett

    vMike Guest

    you can usually use onmouseover="window.status='some text here';return
    true;" and then onmouseout="window.status= ' ' ;return true;" space
    after = added for emphasis. Some webcontrols will not allow you to added
    these events. Also, after the user clicks the button or link the status will
    be changed to the url but it is better than nothing.

    vMike, Dec 24, 2003

  3. RodBillett

    RodBillett Guest

    Well back from Holiday Vacation (Lottery tickets didnt come through -
    Bummer!)

    vMike. I have already through of that approach. BUT, within Codebehind,
    the Treenode object down not allow you to add an even through the
    AddAttribute method like most other controls. So you comment about some
    controls is valid. I have tried most everything. internal in the
    behavior - it attemempts to create an anchor control for each treenode
    element - I tested there by adding the onmouseover, and nothing happened. I
    have also messed in the mdown and mup events of the behavior and nothing has
    worked there.

    Basically its a UI issue. Elsewhere in our application we control the
    display in the status bar, but we cant gain control within the tree view.
    and everyone knows how them marketing/product people are about UI's!

    thanks
    Rod

    RodBillett, Jan 5, 2004
  4. RodBillett

    vMike Guest

    You maybe able to add the onmouseover to a "parent tag". For example you can
    add the onmouseover to a table that includes the treenode. Of course the
    status message will be the same for the entire tree but maybe that will
    help.
    I have never used treenodes so I am not familiar with them.

    vMike, Jan 5, 2004