Disable the URL display in Browser status when mouseover a treenode

RodBillett

Is there any way to display a string other than the navigateurl in the
status bar when the mouse is hovered over a treenode?

We would like to see some other text there besides the navigate URL.

Thanks In Advance
Rod

vMike

you can usually use onmouseover="window.status='some text here';return
true;" and then onmouseout="window.status= ' ' ;return true;" space
after = added for emphasis. Some webcontrols will not allow you to added
these events. Also, after the user clicks the button or link the status will
be changed to the url but it is better than nothing.

RodBillett

Well back from Holiday Vacation (Lottery tickets didnt come through -
Bummer!)

vMike. I have already through of that approach. BUT, within Codebehind,
the Treenode object down not allow you to add an even through the
AddAttribute method like most other controls. So you comment about some
controls is valid. I have tried most everything. internal in the
behavior - it attemempts to create an anchor control for each treenode
element - I tested there by adding the onmouseover, and nothing happened. I
have also messed in the mdown and mup events of the behavior and nothing has
worked there.

Basically its a UI issue. Elsewhere in our application we control the
display in the status bar, but we cant gain control within the tree view.
and everyone knows how them marketing/product people are about UI's!

thanks
Rod

vMike

You maybe able to add the onmouseover to a "parent tag". For example you can
add the onmouseover to a table that includes the treenode. Of course the
status message will be the same for the entire tree but maybe that will
help.
I have never used treenodes so I am not familiar with them.