Disable Word Alerts

Guest

I'm using automation for mail merging but the process hangs because at some
stage some alerts may come around!
I have tried:
wrdApp.DisplayAlerts = Word.WdAlertLevel.wdAlertsNone;
&
wrdApp.DisplayAlerts =0;
all I need is to produce a word document and save it in the back end. I
don't need to see the word document while the process is done. so, is there
a way to by pass
there alerts?

Cheers.

Mark Rae

I'm using automation for mail merging but the process hangs because at
some
stage some alerts may come around!
I have tried:
wrdApp.DisplayAlerts = Word.WdAlertLevel.wdAlertsNone;
&
wrdApp.DisplayAlerts =0;

Firstly, it's important for you to realise that server-side automation of
Office products is not supported at all by Microsoft, and is highly likely
not to work:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757#kb2
all I need is to produce a word document and save it in the back end. I
don't need to see the word document while the process is done. so, is
there
a way to by pass there alerts?

1) If your document doesn't require hugely complicated formatting, create an
HTML document and give it a .doc extension - Word will treat it just like a
regular Word document.

2) Use the (relatively) new XML file format:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...52-3547-420a-a412-00a2662442d9&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...80-f2c0-4b80-9ad1-2cb0c300aef9&displaylang=en

3) Use Aspose:
http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Words/