disabling the back/forward buttons i created on my web page

pmelanso

hello,
I want to create back and forward buttons on my web page. I didn't have
a problem with that... the thing I am having trouble with is I woudl
like to display "disabled" images when there if there isn't a page to
go back/forward...how would I go about doing that???

Pam

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 11/7/2005 1:27 AM:
hello,
I want to create back and forward buttons on my web page. I didn't have
a problem with that... the thing I am having trouble with is I woudl
like to display "disabled" images when there if there isn't a page to
go back/forward...how would I go about doing that???

You can't.

psrinionline

You can.

on top of the page add this code

<script>
window.history.forward(0);
</script>

and see the magic.

Regards,

Devaki

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 11/8/2005 12:22 AM:

Please quote what you are replying to.

"Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at
the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the
article headers.

You can't.
on top of the page add this code

<script>
window.history.forward(0);
</script>

and see the magic.

That's not magic, that is stupid.

And just how do you think that disables the back/forward buttons created
on a page? All your little "gimmick" does is prevent people from using
the back button to get back to your page. It does nothing to tell you
anything about the history trail, which you would need to know in order
to determine whether to show a back/forward button on your page.