Disassembly in g++ ?

chetan.patil

Hello,

I was thinking if their is a way to get the generated assembly code for
a cpp source program with g++.

Thanks.

Victor Bazarov

I was thinking if their is a way to get the generated assembly code for
a cpp source program with g++.

See the -S command line option. Also, consider next time posting to
gnu.g++.help newsgroup. Your question is off-topic here. Thanks.

Victor Bazarov

invincible said:
readelf exe_fname

mohan

I tried both your suggestions (readelf and objdump) and neither worked on
my _source_program_. Besides, they both seem to be *not* g++... Makes me
wonder whether you read the message before replying. Probably not because
in that case you'd be replying *below* the message not *above* it. Of
course I can be easily mistaken. In that case, sorry.