Display FTP directory contents on page and offer file download

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Rich251076@gmail.com, Apr 14, 2006.

    I am trying to look for the best method to implement a new ASP project
    for user file download.

    I need to accomplish the following:

    1.) Create a simple and Secure User login through a website

    2.) Present User with a web page listing the Contents of an FTP
    directory on the Server beloging to that user.

    3.) Allow users to select one or more files and click a button to
    initialize download of those files to the Users local machine.

    4.) Create a page that only an Admin can access to set up user accounts
    and point them to a specific FTP directory.

    The main functionality I am worried about is step 2 and 3, my question
    is, what is the easiest way to implement these two steps.

    Any links to sample code, controls would be handy.

    , Apr 14, 2006