display html before page_load?

glbdev

Hi.

I have a web page which is running a stored procedure. This page has a
graphic on it so the user knows something is running and the page is
not frozen.

This query runs for approx 40 seconds. I would like to be able to
display the HTML (graphic) before running this sproc. As it is right
now, the page just sits blank until the stored procedure is done.
After the procedure runs it redirects it to another page.

Is there somewhere else besides "Page_Load" where I can put the call to
this sproc that it will run it after the HTML has been displayed?

Thanks!
- Gary

Nils Magnus

Well, when HTML has been output to the client I think it's already too late,
but if you just use Response.Write() (in good, ol' ASP-style) and
Response.Flush(), you can print a message to the user before starting the
SP. However, after the initial output, the final redirect probably won't
work...

Good luck :)

Regards,
Nils Magnus

Guest

page.buffer = false.

However, be really careful to check the resultant html. You could easily
end up with an invalid HTML doc.