Displaying group data set in repeater or datagrid

Dave Hansen

We have a sql statement:

select publicationName, publicationYear, publicaionSeason,
publicationTOC
from publication p, pubTOC ptoc
where p.publicationId = ptoc.publicationId
order by publicationName, publicationYear, publicaionSeason
group by publicationName, publicationYear, publicaionSeason

We want to display on page as:

publicationName
Season/Year Season/Year Season/Year Season/Year
TOC TOC TOC TOC
TOC TOC TOC TOC
TOC TOC TOC TOC
TOC TOC TOC TOC
TOC TOC TOC TOC
TOC TOC TOC TOC
TOC TOC TOC TOC

How do we do this in a web form with repeater or datagrid
or??? Do we need to use data tables and generate
repeaters at run time? As you can tell, we are fairly new
to this.

TIA,
Dave

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Dave,

Based on my research and experience, the following Walkthrough is useful to
you.

Walkthrough: Using a DataGrid Web Control to Read and Write Data
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcon/html/
vbwlkwalkthroughusingdatagridwebcontroltoreadwritedata.asp

Does it answer your question? If I have misunderstood your concern, please
feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support
<MCSD>

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Dave,

I am sorry if there is any misunderstanding.

After reading the walkthrough in my past post, please refer to the
following information:

Summary Rows in DataGrid Controls
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndive/html
/data01102002.asp

HOW TO: Create a Summary Row for a DataGrid in ASP.NET by Using Visual
Basic .NET
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313154

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support
<MCSD>

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Dave,

I have done more research regarding this issue and found a useful article
for your reference.

Advanced Data Reporting in ASP.NET
http://www.developer.com/net/asp/print.php/10917_1488411_4