Displaying HTML page with images from ZIP?

Cruithne3753

I'm doing something where I've got optional resource modules packaged in
ZIP files, this includes an information page in HTML. I can use
JTextPane to display the text, but cannot see how to get it to display
its images.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Matt

Andrew Thompson

I'm doing something where I've got optional resource modules packaged in
ZIP files,  this includes an information page in HTML.  I can use
JTextPane to display the text, but cannot see how to get it to display
its images.

It is relatively easy to do. Simply ensure that
all resource in the HTML are referenced with
relative paths, then include the resources in the
same ZIP file. If JEditorPane can find the HTML,
it should be able to find stylesheets and images
etc.
Any ideas?

Post an (short) example HTML that is failing,
a description or listing of the ZIP content
that shows the HTML and the resource, and an
SSCCE* (should take no more than 20 lines of
code).

Actually, I doubt the problem here is code,
so the last might not be needed.

* <http://www.physci.org/codes/sscce.html>

Andrew Thompson

I'm doing something where I've got optional resource modules packaged in
ZIP files,  this includes an information page in HTML.  I can use
JTextPane ...

I was skimming and thought you wrote
JEditorPane there - it is far better
for HTML.

Roedy Green

I'm doing something where I've got optional resource modules packaged in
ZIP files, this includes an information page in HTML. I can use
JTextPane to display the text, but cannot see how to get it to display
its images.

The images inside jars are called "resources". You find the
corresponding URL with getResource. From there you can load the
images in the usual way.

For details see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/image.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/resource.html