Displaying Special Symbols

Gibs

Hi

Is there any way to show the special symbols[CopyRight, Cents] in a TextBox.

Thanks in Advance
Gibs

Eric Cherng

Gibs,

Have you tried using symbols in the Character Map? I haven't tried this, but I don't see why it won't work.

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map

Select your symbol, then copy it into your text box text.

Eric

Hi

Is there any way to show the special symbols[CopyRight, Cents] in a TextBox.

Thanks in Advance
Gibs

Kevin Spencer

HtmlEncode them.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Hi

Is there any way to show the special symbols[CopyRight, Cents] in a TextBox.

Thanks in Advance
Gibs

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hey Gibs,

You can look up the entities here:

http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/entities/latin1.html

and try this code:

<%@ Page Language="VB" %>

<script runat="server">

Sub Page_Load _
(ByVal sender As Object, _
ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
TextBox1.Text = _
Server.HtmlDecode("&cent;&copy; 2004")
End Sub
</script>

<head runat="server">
<title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp:textbox id="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:textbox>

</form>