displaying the date in mysql format for insertion into db

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by libsfan01, Jun 13, 2006.

  1. libsfan01

    libsfan01 Guest

    HI all!

    ive need to format the date (variable "tomorrow") in this form to mysql
    format yyyy-mm-dd can anyone please show me how to amend my script?

    regards

    Marc

    <script language="javascript">

    function showDate(thisObj){
    /* create a Date object using the system clock */
    today=new Date();
    td = today.getDate();
    tm = today.getMonth();
    ty = today.getFullYear();
    tomorrow=new Date(ty,tm,td+1)

    /* convert contents to string and place in control */
    document.getElementById(thisObj).value=tomorrow;
    }

    </script>

    <input id="date" type="text" readonly="readonly" />

    libsfan01, Jun 13, 2006

  2. libsfan01

    RobG Guest

    libsfan01 wrote:
    > HI all!
    >
    > ive need to format the date (variable "tomorrow") in this form to mysql
    > format yyyy-mm-dd can anyone please show me how to amend my script?
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Marc
    >

    > <script language="javascript">

    The language attribute is deprecated, type is required:

    <script type="text/javascript">

    > function showDate(thisObj){
    > /* create a Date object using the system clock */
    > today=new Date();

    Always use var to keep variables local unless you really do need globals:

    var today = new Date();

    And tomorrow is:

    var x = new Date();
    x.setDate(x.getDate() + 1);

    Now x is tomorrow's date[1]. You may need to be careful around
    midnight, getting today's date at 23:59:59 may result in tomorrow being
    today very soon. :)

    > td = today.getDate();
    > tm = today.getMonth();
    > ty = today.getFullYear();
    > tomorrow=new Date(ty,tm,td+1)
    >
    > /* convert contents to string and place in control */
    > document.getElementById(thisObj).value=tomorrow;

    function addZ(n){
    return (n<10)? '0'+n : ''+n;
    }

    ...value = x.getFullYear()
    + '-' + addZ(x.getMonth()+1)
    + '-' + addZ(x.getDate());

    1. Creating a date of say - new Date('2006/06/31') - will result in 1st
    of July, or - new Date('2006/06/32') - 2nd of July.

    --
    Rob
    RobG, Jun 13, 2006