Distutils help for sub-packages

Rick Muller

I need some distutils help. I currently run a python library
(PyQuante) that, until recently, had all of its modules in a single
directory, called "PyQuante". The setup command in my setup.py module
had a single "packages" line:

packages = ['PyQuante'],

I moved some of the routines into Basis and IO subdirectories of
PyQuante, and amended the packages line to be:

packages = ['PyQuante','PyQuante.Basis','PyQuante.IO'],

Everything works find if I'm installing from SVN. However, when I
build a tarball via setup.py sdist, the Basis and IO subdirectories
are not included. How can I get the distutils to include this?

Thanks in advance,

Rick

kyosohma

I need some distutils help. I currently run a python library
(PyQuante) that, until recently, had all of its modules in a single
directory, called "PyQuante". The setup command in my setup.py module
had a single "packages" line:

packages = ['PyQuante'],

I moved some of the routines into Basis and IO subdirectories of
PyQuante, and amended the packages line to be:

packages = ['PyQuante','PyQuante.Basis','PyQuante.IO'],

Everything works find if I'm installing from SVN. However, when I
build a tarball via setup.py sdist, the Basis and IO subdirectories
are not included. How can I get the distutils to include this?

Thanks in advance,

Rick

I recommend asking the distutils guys at their list:

Mike

kyosohma

I did, and no one replied there either. Probably because everyone,
there and here, were too polite to say that I was nutso. Which, it
turns out, I was. After not hearing from two normally helpful forums
(fora?) I went back a little more carefully and found the bug. Sorry
for the false alarm.

Sorry to hear that...they are both pretty helpful in most cases.
C.l.py doesn't usually mind telling OP's that they're nutso either. I
personally didn't think you were, but I didn't know how to answer your
question either.

Mike