Discussion in 'HTML' started by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Thomas_Meierh=F6fer?=, Dec 6, 2003.

  1. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Thomas_Meierh=F6fer?=, Dec 6, 2003

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Thomas_Meierh=F6fer?=

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:bqt88a$oc2$06$-online.com>
    Thomas Meierhöfer said:

    > Site: http://sararogenhofer.de/srneu/sara.htm
    > Stylesheet: http://sararogenhofer.de/srneu/sara.css
    > Screenshot Mozilla: http://sararogenhofer.de/srneu/moz.gif
    > Screenshot IE: http://sararogenhofer.de/srneu/ie.gif
    >
    > It seems that the IE doesn't interpret the %-Values for the DIV's
    > correct.

    IE sucks poo

    > I looks totally wrong. What's wrong and how can I make it work
    > in the IE?

    it would help if you weren't using so much positioning.
    what is the image for? will text be over it? is it just a background?

    --
    brucie
    07/December/2003 09:02:13 am kilo
    brucie, Dec 6, 2003

  3. brucie wrote:
    > it would help if you weren't using so much positioning.
    > what is the image for? will text be over it? is it just a background?

    The image is just a background. The window should be seperated into
    three parts.
    I search a method to postion an element realtively to an other, that's
    NOT the parent element. Not quite easy...
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Thomas_Meierh=F6fer?=, Dec 6, 2003
  4. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Thomas_Meierh=F6fer?=

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:bqto56$b83$06$-online.com>
    Thomas Meierhöfer said:

    >> it would help if you weren't using so much positioning.
    >> what is the image for? will text be over it? is it just a background?

    > The image is just a background. The window should be seperated into
    > three parts.

    how about something like this?
    http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/thomas-background-thingy-1.html

    --
    brucie
    07/December/2003 10:05:21 am kilo
    brucie, Dec 7, 2003
  5. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Thomas_Meierh=F6fer?=

    Richard Guest

    Thomas! wrote:

    > Site: http://sararogenhofer.de/srneu/sara.htm
    > Stylesheet: http://sararogenhofer.de/srneu/sara.css
    > Screenshot Mozilla: http://sararogenhofer.de/srneu/moz.gif
    > Screenshot IE: http://sararogenhofer.de/srneu/ie.gif

    > It seems that the IE doesn't interpret the %-Values for the DIV's
    > correct. I looks totally wrong. What's wrong and how can I make it work
    > in the IE?

    > Thank You!

    In divisions, you really can't add up several to equal a true 100% as in
    tables.
    Your left side division is 25%, then you begin your menu at 25% as well.
    Try using 26% instead for the menu and items to the right of it.
    And your width for the menu would not be 75%, but rather more like 73%.
    If that still causes a problem, decrease the percentages another point.
    Richard, Dec 7, 2003