DIV at 100% in a iframe

Discussion in 'HTML' started by vincent.marguerit@gmail.com, Jul 24, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi there!

    I have troubles with divs, I can't make it be at 100% in a iframe. And
    yet a table can take 100% of the iframe.
    Look:

    http://boxfly.free.fr/tmp/div_100/div_100.html

    And the source of the iframe is here:
    http://boxfly.free.fr/tmp/div_100/div_100_files/iframe.html

    The div are like that:

    And form-line-header is set to 100% and yet it does not take the 100%
    of the iframe !

    So I tried with a table, and it works well, but I am not allowed to
    use table :(

    Does anyone know why it does not work ?

    Thanks,
    Vincent.

    , Jul 24, 2007

  2. dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    wrote:

    > So I tried with a table, and it works well, but I am not allowed to
    > use table :(

    Not allowed? By whom?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jul 24, 2007

    On 24 juil, 10:15, dorayme <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    >
    > wrote:
    > > So I tried with a table, and it works well, but I am not allowed to
    > > use table :(

    > Not allowed? By whom?
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    My boss ;)
    So I have no choice, I have to get used with divs...

    , Jul 24, 2007
  4. wrote:

    > The div are like that:
    >
    > And form-line-header is set to 100% and yet it does not take the 100%
    > of the iframe !

    how about turning off the scrollbars in your iframe (scrolling="no")?
    and why do you need an iframe at all?

    HTH
    bernhard

    --
    www.daszeichen.ch
    remove nixspam to reply

    Bernhard Sturm, Jul 24, 2007

    On 24 juil, 10:17, Bernhard Sturm <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > The div are like that:

    > > And form-line-header is set to 100% and yet it does not take the 100%
    > > of the iframe !

    > how about turning off the scrollbars in your iframe (scrolling="no")?
    > and why do you need an iframe at all?
    >
    > HTH
    > bernhard
    >
    > --www.daszeichen.ch
    > remove nixspam to reply

    I need the scroll bar 'cos sometimes the page inside the iframe is
    bigger...
    I didn't choose to use an iframe, my boss did ;)

    Vincent.

    , Jul 24, 2007
  6. Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:07:51 GMT
    scribed:

    > Hi there!
    >
    > I have troubles with divs, I can't make it be at 100% in a iframe. And
    > yet a table can take 100% of the iframe.
    > Look:
    >
    > http://boxfly.free.fr/tmp/div_100/div_100.html
    >
    > And the source of the iframe is here:
    > http://boxfly.free.fr/tmp/div_100/div_100_files/iframe.html
    >
    > The div are like that:
    >
    > And form-line-header is set to 100% and yet it does not take the 100%
    > of the iframe !
    >
    > So I tried with a table, and it works well, but I am not allowed to
    > use table :(
    >
    > Does anyone know why it does not work ?

    The example you give seems to work. Do you have an example of the page
    which doesn't work?

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Jul 24, 2007

    On 24 juil, 10:33, Neredbojias <> wrote:
    > Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:07:51 GMT
    > scribed:
    >

    > > Hi there!

    > > I have troubles with divs, I can't make it be at 100% in a iframe. And
    > > yet a table can take 100% of the iframe.
    > > Look:

    > >http://boxfly.free.fr/tmp/div_100/div_100.html

    > > And the source of the iframe is here:
    > >http://boxfly.free.fr/tmp/div_100/div_100_files/iframe.html

    > > The div are like that:

    > > And form-line-header is set to 100% and yet it does not take the 100%
    > > of the iframe !

    > > So I tried with a table, and it works well, but I am not allowed to
    > > use table :(

    > > Does anyone know why it does not work ?

    > The example you give seems to work. Do you have an example of the page
    > which doesn't work?
    >
    > --
    > Neredbojias
    > Half lies are worth twice as much as whole lies.

    Oh!
    It does not work with me, I am under Mac OS X and using Firefox and
    Safari, for both the div is not taking 100% of the iframe, the table
    does !
    Are you using IE ? Does that work with IE ?

    , Jul 24, 2007

    On 24 juil, 10:37, wrote:
    > On 24 juil, 10:33, Neredbojias <> wrote:
    >

    > > Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:07:51 GMT
    > > scribed:

    > > > Hi there!

    > > > I have troubles with divs, I can't make it be at 100% in a iframe. And
    > > > yet a table can take 100% of the iframe.
    > > > Look:

    > > >http://boxfly.free.fr/tmp/div_100/div_100.html

    > > > And the source of the iframe is here:
    > > >http://boxfly.free.fr/tmp/div_100/div_100_files/iframe.html

    > > > The div are like that:

    > > > And form-line-header is set to 100% and yet it does not take the 100%
    > > > of the iframe !

    > > > So I tried with a table, and it works well, but I am not allowed to
    > > > use table :(

    > > > Does anyone know why it does not work ?

    > > The example you give seems to work. Do you have an example of the page
    > > which doesn't work?

    > > --
    > > Neredbojias
    > > Half lies are worth twice as much as whole lies.

    > Oh!
    > It does not work with me, I am under Mac OS X and using Firefox and
    > Safari, for both the div is not taking 100% of the iframe, the table
    > does !
    > Are you using IE ? Does that work with IE ?

    Ok! I did it, now it's working well :D I will ask for a promotion ;)

    , Jul 24, 2007