DIV Element

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Wings, May 23, 2007.

  1. Wings

    Wings Guest

    Ran into a problem right off the bat in my learning the DIV element.
    Everything I have, and an on-line tutorial, says this should work in making
    the font color RED inside the element. It doesn't. (This is just a study
    page - not on the internet, but I cut and pasted the code, so this is
    accurate).

    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE>Study Page</TITLE>
    <STYLE TYPE="text/css">
    <!--
    ..dog
    {
    font-color : red;
    }
    -->
    </STYLE>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <DIV CLASS="dog">
    This should be in a red font
    </DIV>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

    Wings, May 23, 2007

  2. Wings wrote:

    > Ran into a problem right off the bat in my learning the DIV element.
    > Everything I have, and an on-line tutorial, says this should work in
    > making the font color RED inside the element. It doesn't. (This is
    > just a study page - not on the internet, but I cut and pasted the
    > code, so this is accurate).

    > font-color : red;

    color: red;

    Don't forget to assign background colors, too.

    background-color: white; or whatever

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 23, 2007

  3. Wings

    Wings Guest

    Many thanks. And that led me to see how I was misreading the tutorials.
    Cool.
    > Wings wrote:
    >
    >> Ran into a problem right off the bat in my learning the DIV element.
    >> Everything I have, and an on-line tutorial, says this should work in
    >> making the font color RED inside the element. It doesn't. (This is
    >> just a study page - not on the internet, but I cut and pasted the
    >> code, so this is accurate).

    >> font-color : red;

    > color: red;
    >
    > Don't forget to assign background colors, too.
    >
    > background-color: white; or whatever
    >
    > --
    > -bts

    Many thanks. Operator error. Your answer led me to see how I was misreading
    the tutorials also. Cool.

    Wings, May 23, 2007