DIV Element

Wings

Ran into a problem right off the bat in my learning the DIV element.
Everything I have, and an on-line tutorial, says this should work in making
the font color RED inside the element. It doesn't. (This is just a study
page - not on the internet, but I cut and pasted the code, so this is
accurate).

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Study Page</TITLE>
<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
<!--
..dog
{
font-color : red;
}
-->
</STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV CLASS="dog">
This should be in a red font
</DIV>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Wings said:
Ran into a problem right off the bat in my learning the DIV element.
Everything I have, and an on-line tutorial, says this should work in
making the font color RED inside the element. It doesn't. (This is
just a study page - not on the internet, but I cut and pasted the
code, so this is accurate).
font-color : red;

color: red;

Don't forget to assign background colors, too.

background-color: white; or whatever

Wings

Many thanks. And that led me to see how I was misreading the tutorials.
Cool.
Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
color: red;

Don't forget to assign background colors, too.

background-color: white; or whatever

Many thanks. Operator error. Your answer led me to see how I was misreading
the tutorials also. Cool.