Div problem not working right why?

Richard

Considering the problem below, why does the second division drop down below
the main division?
I want both divisions for the thumbnails on top of each other inside "big".
No matter what I try, the second division shows up below "big".
Why?
It should show up within "big" not below it. Right?

div.big { width:900px; background:gold; }
div.show {width:150px; height:60px; background:black; float:left; }
div.title { width:6em; background:white; }

<thumbnail image goes here>
text

<thumbnail image here>
text
<main image here>

Chet

| Considering the problem below, why does the second division
drop down below
| the main division?
| I want both divisions for the thumbnails on top of each other
inside "big".
| No matter what I try, the second division shows up below "big".
| Why?
| It should show up within "big" not below it. Right?

| div.big { width:900px; background:gold; }
| div.show {width:150px; height:60px; background:black;
float:left; }
| div.title { width:6em; background:white; }

| <thumbnail image goes here>
| text

| <thumbnail image here>
| text
| <main image here>

try this

<head>
div.big { width:900px; background:gold; }
div.show {width:150px; height:60px; background:black;
float:left; }
div.title { width:6em; background:white; clear: left; }
</head>

thumbnail image goes here
text

thumbnail image here
text
main image here

hth

Richard

Tried your way, does not do what I want.

Picture this:
Left division, right division.
Left division will contain two sub divisions.
With that repeated "under" each one.
Or:
A table with 3 columns 5 rows.
3rd column is "rowspan=5".

http://1-large-world.com/images/z3.jpg

Screenshot of tables version.

Thumbnails to the left, text to the right of the thumbnail, and the full
image in the expanded cell.