Div problem not working right why?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Richard, Jan 5, 2004.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Considering the problem below, why does the second division drop down below
    the main division?
    I want both divisions for the thumbnails on top of each other inside "big".
    No matter what I try, the second division shows up below "big".
    Why?
    It should show up within "big" not below it. Right?

    div.big { width:900px; background:gold; }
    div.show {width:150px; height:60px; background:black; float:left; }
    div.title { width:6em; background:white; }

    <thumbnail image goes here>
    text

    <thumbnail image here>
    text
    <main image here>

    Richard, Jan 5, 2004

  2. Richard

    Chet Guest

    "Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote in message
    | Considering the problem below, why does the second division
    drop down below
    | the main division?
    | I want both divisions for the thumbnails on top of each other
    inside "big".
    | No matter what I try, the second division shows up below "big".
    | Why?
    | It should show up within "big" not below it. Right?

    | div.big { width:900px; background:gold; }
    | div.show {width:150px; height:60px; background:black;
    float:left; }
    | div.title { width:6em; background:white; }

    | <thumbnail image goes here>
    | text

    | <thumbnail image here>
    | text
    | <main image here>

    try this

    <head>
    div.big { width:900px; background:gold; }
    div.show {width:150px; height:60px; background:black;
    float:left; }
    div.title { width:6em; background:white; clear: left; }
    </head>

    thumbnail image goes here
    text

    thumbnail image here
    text
    main image here

    hth
    --
    Chet
    (remove NO.....SPAM)
    Chet, Jan 6, 2004

  3. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Tried your way, does not do what I want.

    Picture this:
    Left division, right division.
    Left division will contain two sub divisions.
    With that repeated "under" each one.
    Or:
    A table with 3 columns 5 rows.
    3rd column is "rowspan=5".

    http://1-large-world.com/images/z3.jpg

    Screenshot of tables version.

    Thumbnails to the left, text to the right of the thumbnail, and the full
    image in the expanded cell.
    Richard, Jan 6, 2004
  4. Richard

    Richard Guest