<DIV> show/hide...both appear...why oh why?

KathyB

Hi, totally new to the div show/hide thing.

I have some rows in a table. When I first load the page, I only want
to see divs where the divID=ForView. When I load now, I see BOTH
rows...even though I have one set to style="display='none'".

When I click on the Edit button on a row, I want to hide that row and
in its PHYSICAL place show the ForEdit div for that item...leaving all
other divs as is. I've seen some examples, everyone seems to do it
differently. I'm using ONLY IE5.5 so not worried about multiple
browsers.

I will have quite a few of these divs on one page (e.g., Station2,
Station3, etc.). Would really appreciate any help you can give
me...remember, I'm new at this!

Thanks! Kathy

onclick="showhide('Station1')"></input></td>

Kathy Burke

Richard,

Could you please show me? I've copied all the examples I've seen...so I
don't understand what you mean...

thanks.

also, CAN I do <div>s by row like I've done? Or does it have to be some
other way?

Kathy