divs

Ike

How can I make a div that covers the entire view, and make it all white, or
some other color say? -Ike

Richard

Ike said:
How can I make a div that covers the entire view, and make it all white,
or some other color say? -Ike

note the single quotes around [whtie].

..sample { backgroundColor:white; }

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Richard:
Ike said:
How can I make a div that covers the entire view, and make it all white,
or some other color say? -Ike

note the single quotes around [whtie].

There is no "backgroundColor" in css. Even if there was, it would be:
.sample { backgroundColor:white; }

The above advice is wrong [as usual].

Ike, in your css:

..sample { color: black; background: white; }

In the HTML:

[other stuff here]

Perhaps if you explained a bit more about what you wanted to do, and
provided a URL to what you already have?

Chet

message | Quoth the raven named Richard:

| > Ike wrote:
| >
| > > How can I make a div that covers the entire view, and make
it all white,
| > > or some other color say? -Ike

| > note the single quotes around [whtie].
|
| There is no "backgroundColor" in css. Even if there was, it
would be:

| > .sample { backgroundColor:white; }

| The above advice is wrong [as usual].
|
| Ike, in your css:
|
| .sample { color: black; background: white; }
|
| In the HTML:

| [other stuff here]
|
| Perhaps if you explained a bit more about what you wanted to
do, and
| provided a URL to what you already have?
|
| --
| -bts
| -This space intentionally left blank.

I agree there is no backgroundColor but according to W3C there is
a background-color. I'm getting this from

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/colors.html#background-properties

From what I read, it's part of CSS Level 2.

Am I wrong??

Hywel Jenkins

message | Quoth the raven named Richard:

| > Ike wrote:
| >
| > > How can I make a div that covers the entire view, and make
it all white,
| > > or some other color say? -Ike

| > note the single quotes around [whtie].
|
| There is no "backgroundColor" in css. Even if there was, it
would be:

| > .sample { backgroundColor:white; }

| The above advice is wrong [as usual].
|
| Ike, in your css:
|
| .sample { color: black; background: white; }
|
| In the HTML:

| [other stuff here]
|
| Perhaps if you explained a bit more about what you wanted to
do, and
| provided a URL to what you already have?
|
| --
| -bts
| -This space intentionally left blank.

I agree there is no backgroundColor but according to W3C there is
a background-color. I'm getting this from

Bullis was wrong - way off the mark.

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/colors.html#background-properties

From what I read, it's part of CSS Level 2.

Am I wrong??

No.

Kim André Akerø

Richard said:
Ike said:
How can I make a div that covers the entire view, and make it all white,
or some other color say? -Ike

note the single quotes around [whtie].

.sample { backgroundColor:white; }

Not entirely correct. In that case, it would be:

and:

..sample { background-color: white; }