    Ike Guest

    How can I make a div that covers the entire view, and make it all white, or
    some other color say? -Ike
    Ike, Feb 15, 2004

  2. Ike

    Richard Guest

    Ike wrote:

    > How can I make a div that covers the entire view, and make it all white,
    > or some other color say? -Ike

    note the single quotes around [whtie].

    ..sample { backgroundColor:white; }

    Richard, Feb 15, 2004

  3. Quoth the raven named Richard:

    > Ike wrote:
    >
    > > How can I make a div that covers the entire view, and make it all white,
    > > or some other color say? -Ike

    > note the single quotes around [whtie].

    There is no "backgroundColor" in css. Even if there was, it would be:

    > .sample { backgroundColor:white; }

    The above advice is wrong [as usual].

    Ike, in your css:

    ..sample { color: black; background: white; }

    In the HTML:

    [other stuff here]

    Perhaps if you explained a bit more about what you wanted to do, and
    provided a URL to what you already have?

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 15, 2004
  4. Ike

    Chet Guest

    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in
    message news:%CRXb.58987$...
    | Quoth the raven named Richard:
    |
    | > Ike wrote:
    | >
    | > > How can I make a div that covers the entire view, and make
    it all white,
    | > > or some other color say? -Ike

    | > note the single quotes around [whtie].
    |
    | There is no "backgroundColor" in css. Even if there was, it
    would be:

    | > .sample { backgroundColor:white; }

    | The above advice is wrong [as usual].
    |
    | Ike, in your css:
    |
    | .sample { color: black; background: white; }
    |
    | In the HTML:

    | [other stuff here]
    |
    | Perhaps if you explained a bit more about what you wanted to
    do, and
    | provided a URL to what you already have?
    |
    | --
    | -bts
    | -This space intentionally left blank.

    I agree there is no backgroundColor but according to W3C there is
    a background-color. I'm getting this from

    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/colors.html#background-properties

    From what I read, it's part of CSS Level 2.

    Am I wrong??

    --
    Chet
    (remove NO.....SPAM)
    Chet, Feb 15, 2004
  5. In article <>,
    says...

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in
    > message news:%CRXb.58987$...
    > | Quoth the raven named Richard:

    > it all white,

    > | > note the single quotes around [whtie].
    > |
    > | There is no "backgroundColor" in css. Even if there was, it
    > would be:
    > |
    > | > .sample { backgroundColor:white; }

    > | The above advice is wrong [as usual].
    > |
    > | Ike, in your css:
    > |
    > | .sample { color: black; background: white; }
    > |
    > | In the HTML:

    > | [other stuff here]
    > |
    > | Perhaps if you explained a bit more about what you wanted to
    > do, and
    > | provided a URL to what you already have?
    > |
    > | --
    > | -bts
    > | -This space intentionally left blank.
    >
    > I agree there is no backgroundColor but according to W3C there is
    > a background-color. I'm getting this from

    Bullis was wrong - way off the mark.

    > http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/colors.html#background-properties
    >
    > From what I read, it's part of CSS Level 2.
    >
    > Am I wrong??

    No.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Feb 15, 2004
  6. "Richard" <anonymous@127.000> skrev i melding
    > Ike wrote:
    >
    > > How can I make a div that covers the entire view, and make it all

    white,
    > > or some other color say? -Ike

    > note the single quotes around [whtie].
    >
    > .sample { backgroundColor:white; }

    Not entirely correct. In that case, it would be:

    and:

    ..sample { background-color: white; }

    --
    Kim André Akerø