dllimport and web services

Will

I have an C#/ASP.Net 1.1 Web Service that has an exposed Web Method
that uses an unmanaged DLL via the DllImport Attribute. Is one copy of
the DLL loaded per call to the Web Method, or does ASP.Net use the same
instance of the DLL for every call to the Web Method? My guess is that
due to the "static" keyword required by the DllImport attribute
indicates that only one copy is used for all requests.

The creator of the DLL has doubts that it is thread-safe, and would
like me to ensure that a new copy of the DLL is loaded with each call
to the web method. Is there a way to force the web service to use a
fresh copy?

The Web Service runs on a Win2k Server PC under IIS 5.

Thanks,
Will.