dllimport call in aspnet application makes the application hangs

sonyram

As our application design requires us to use one of the validation API engine
which was written on C(so basically all I have is a dll) and I tested calling
the functions using small windows application using DllImport for each
functions and it works without any problem. But when I try to use the same
Dll in my asp.net web application, it hangs with the first call. I tried
giving the dll path as a hardcoded path like C:\validation.dll in my
dllimport funciton call but did not help.

I am wondering it has something to do with ASPNET account security. So I
gave full control for ASPNET account for my application directory and still
my application hangs.

Anybody faced this earlier?