Do I need frames?

mikedepetris

I am refactoring the interface of an asp.net / csharp application, I
was using a multipage/tabstrip combination but now I need to many
tabs/pages so I think to build a scrollable menu/tabstrip webcontrol to
help the user choose a function, and then I have to choose how to
switch panes.

I also need to put in some pane the pages read from other web servers,
that is I should take the page "as it is" (done by others) and place
into my pane and make it work, letting the user change pane using the
menu/tabstrip.

I think one solution should be practicable using frames, one frame for
a header, one for the menu/tabstrip "navigation system" and one fram to
display my own aspx pages to do searches and other functions OR
"external" html/asp pages.

Is this all correct? Any possible obstacle I am not considering?
Anybody already developed a similar system so that I can have a look at
to find any possible problem?

Thank you 8^)