    With the great functionalities in ASP .net, do we still need to use
    JavaScript? Thanks

    Jerry

    Jerry, Jul 6, 2003

  2. Jerry

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    You don't 'have to' use javascript in the page. you can always use
    attributes and code behind to emit javascript, or stream the javascript from
    the server. with that said, it's often easier just to write the javascript
    in the page itself. Clientside stuff will always be rendered with javascript
    or whatever the scripting language is. that's the nature of the beast but
    ..net has removed a lot of the hassle.

    Alvin Bruney, Jul 6, 2003

  3. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    Steve and Alvin, thank you for your reponses. Then I will embed the
    Javascripts in web forms when necessary. Thanks again.

    Jerry

    "Alvin Bruney" <vapordan_spam_me_not@hotmail_no_spamhotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:uLjBn$...

    Jerry, Jul 7, 2003
  4. Another point: An ASP.Net is an application with both server-side and
    client-side functionality. Good development technique dictates that one
    should make the best possible use of resources both on the client and on the
    server. Anything you can put on the client to process is going to save you a
    bunch of resources on the server, as the client is only processing for
    itself, while the server is processing for ALL clients, which can be quite a
    few if your web site has any traffic at all. JavaScript is a vital aspect of
    ASP.Net technology (how else could you use ViewState, for one?). Disabling
    it, or trying to do without it, is counter-productive.

    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft FrontPage MVP
    Internet Developer