docs.python.org inaccessible

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Been getting 403 errors all afternoon.

At one time I used to assiduously download PDF files of all the
documentation I wanted to refer to. These days I've grown accustomed to
just having a bunch of Web browser windows semi-permanently open. Until a
rude shock like this happens to hit me.

Maybe I should get back into the PDF habit again...

Terry Reedy

Lawrence said:
Been getting 403 errors all afternoon.

At one time I used to assiduously download PDF files of all the
documentation I wanted to refer to. These days I've grown accustomed to
just having a bunch of Web browser windows semi-permanently open. Until a
rude shock like this happens to hit me.

Seems to be working now, at least if you start at the top with
http://docs.python.org/
There was a problem with links to specific pages under that subdomain
not working because of page renaming. I don't know if redirects have
been added yet. If not, start at the top.

The Windows version installs a nice Windows Help version of the docs.
The left sidebar lists all the docs, so it is much easier to jump
between different docs (Language ref to lib ref and back.). At last --
a reason to be happy using Windows (other than the games).

tjr