docstrings => RestructuredText => Sphinx => Nice html docs (?)

Infinity77

Hi All,

I apologize in advance if my question sounds dumb. I googled back
and forth but my google-fu today is not working very well...
I have seen the new style Python html documentation, which is
extremely nice, and by reading here and there I have seen that it has
been generated using Georg Brandl's Sphinx package (http://
pypi.python.org/pypi/Sphinx).
Now, I have an open source application I am documenting, and I would
like to use the new html style, so I thought: to use Sphinx to obtain
the same result. The problem is, I don't know if there is a tool out
there which will extract docstrings from my module and convert them to
a RestructuredText formal which may be (almost) directly fed into
Sphinx to get the html help.
Maybe I am asking the impossible, or maybe it is much easier than I
thought, but I can't find a solution, so I thought to ask here...

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Andrea.

Benjamin

[...]

Sphinx has an extension called autodoc that can extract docs from
docstrings.