document.body.clientWidth

kmcdonald718

Our site has a menu with some submenus that is implemented using some
javascript to determine the position of where to display the submenus.

To do this, it does a document.body.clientWidth and some other stuff
and does some calculations based on that.

We have one page where the submenus are incredibly slow in
displaying. I tracked it down to the statement that gets the
document.body.clientWidth

Does anyone know what to look at as far as what might be different on
this page that would cause it to be so much slower? Would it be
related to the # of elements on the page - this page is the biggest
form on our site, and there are a lot of elements, but besides that,
there's really not much that's different.