Document Centric SOAP - Message Validation and API/Toolkits

Discussion in 'XML' started by Meh-Lit Kim, Oct 8, 2003.

  1. Meh-Lit Kim

    Meh-Lit Kim Guest

    Hi All,

    I'd like to use SOAP 1.2 messaging in a document-centric fashion.

    Does anyone know -

    1. What to do to validate an incoming SOAP message ?

    Do people write an XML schema for their application's SOAP messages
    which necessarily needs to reference the SOAP XML Schemas and then
    use something like a validating SAX parser to parse the incoming
    SOAP message, thereby doing away with WSDL ?

    2. Is there a suitable (and preferably open-source) toolkit that
    allows for document-centric SOAP messaging ?

    I've come across DocSoapXDK from CommerceOne. What are people's
    experience with this toolkit ?

    Thanks,
    /Meh

    Meh-Lit Kim, Oct 8, 2003