Documenting members

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Lasse_V=E5gs=E6ther_Karlsen?=

I have a Connection class that exposes members for the hostname, etc.

ie.

class Connection:
def __init__(...):
self.server = server

is there any way to document this "server" member? The only way I know
of right now is to expose it as a property and add the doc string to
that definition.

I've tried finding an example in the lib code installed with Python but
can't seem to track down anything that is documented like that.

Miki Tebeka

Hello Lasse,
I have a Connection class that exposes members for the hostname, etc.

ie.

class Connection:
def __init__(...):
self.server = server

is there any way to document this "server" member? The only way I know
of right now is to expose it as a property and add the doc string to
that definition.

I've tried finding an example in the lib code installed with Python but
can't seem to track down anything that is documented like that.
IIRC Epydoc can do it. However you can't place the documentation directly
next to the member but in the class document string.

Bye.
Miki Tebeka <[email protected]>
http://tebeka.bizhat.com
The only difference between children and adults is the price of the toys