Does anyone know where I can get the source code to the utility JAR itself ?

Mike

Or, failing that, JAVA source code to *A* JAR utility ?
(I can deal with it being written in java)

jan V

Or, failing that, JAVA source code to *A* JAR utility ?
(I can deal with it being written in java)

You can obtain the complete build sources for the latest JDK. So you'll get
the source code to jar.exe as a very small facet of the whole thing. Go to
Sun's site for more info.

Roedy Green

Or, failing that, JAVA source code to *A* JAR utility ?
(I can deal with it being written in java)

Have a look at the ZipFile ZipOutputStream and ZipEntry classes. You
can cook up a jar utility pretty easily if you don't want to get fancy
with signing.

You might examine the source code of the Replicator how it builds zip
files and takes them apart. See
http://mindprod.com/products1.html#REPLICATOR
Look at the Fetch and the ProcessZips classes.

If you can't find one, and you don't feel up to doing it yourself, I
could write you one to your spec for a fee. PResumably you don't need
all the jar.exe features.