Does anyone know why Safari browser does not submit on enter key.

zazzaron

Does anyone know why Safari browser does not submit on the enter key.

Here's the asp page - its very simple. I click on the radio button then
hit enter - no submit. If my focus is on a textbox all works fine.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>enter test</TITLE>
<script language="javascript">
function validate()
{

alert('validate');
return true;
}
</script>

</HEAD>
<form name="form1" id="form1" method="post" onSubmit="return
validate()">
<input type="radio" name="Amt" id="Amt">
<input type="text" name="textfield2" size="12" >
<input type="text" name="textfield1" size="12" >
<input type="submit" id="xsubmit" name="xSubmit" value="Submit
Payment">
</form>
</CENTER>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Edd

[...]

There's no action attribute on the form tag...this may be the answer.
Put action="somescript.asp" in <form>, and set your validate function to
return false to stop it trying to navigate there for the moment.

Since it's a validation function, I imagine you'll want it to return
false if there is a validation error, and return true (thus submitting
the form) if there isn't.