Does anyone know why Safari browser does not submit on enter key.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by zazzaron@cox.net, Dec 20, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Does anyone know why Safari browser does not submit on the enter key.

    Here's the asp page - its very simple. I click on the radio button then
    hit enter - no submit. If my focus is on a textbox all works fine.

    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE>enter test</TITLE>
    <script language="javascript">
    function validate()
    {

    alert('validate');
    return true;
    }
    </script>

    </HEAD>
    <form name="form1" id="form1" method="post" onSubmit="return
    validate()">
    <input type="radio" name="Amt" id="Amt">
    <input type="text" name="textfield2" size="12" >
    <input type="text" name="textfield1" size="12" >
    <input type="submit" id="xsubmit" name="xSubmit" value="Submit
    Payment">
    </form>
    </CENTER>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>
    , Dec 20, 2005

  2. Edd Guest

    Re: Does anyone know why Safari browser does not submit on enterkey.

    wrote:
    > Does anyone know why Safari browser does not submit on the enter key.
    >
    > Here's the asp page - its very simple. I click on the radio button then
    > hit enter - no submit. If my focus is on a textbox all works fine.
    >
    > <HTML>
    > <HEAD>
    > <TITLE>enter test</TITLE>
    > <script language="javascript">
    > function validate()
    > {
    >
    > alert('validate');
    > return true;
    > }
    > </script>
    >
    > </HEAD>
    > <form name="form1" id="form1" method="post" onSubmit="return
    > validate()">
    > <input type="radio" name="Amt" id="Amt">
    > <input type="text" name="textfield2" size="12" >
    > <input type="text" name="textfield1" size="12" >
    > <input type="submit" id="xsubmit" name="xSubmit" value="Submit
    > Payment">
    > </form>
    > </CENTER>
    > </BODY>
    > </HTML>

    There's no action attribute on the form tag...this may be the answer.
    Put action="somescript.asp" in <form>, and set your validate function to
    return false to stop it trying to navigate there for the moment.

    Since it's a validation function, I imagine you'll want it to return
    false if there is a validation error, and return true (thus submitting
    the form) if there isn't.

    --
    Edd
    Edd, Dec 20, 2005