    someone in this group might be able to confirm for me whether or not
    this capability exists. Or, is there some mechanism by which a forward
    feature can be implemented?
    Chris Geiss, Sep 22, 2003

  2. Chris Geiss

    Ray at Guest

    Maybe you're after Server.Transfer (IIS5+)

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Sep 22, 2003

  3. Chris Geiss

    Chris Geiss Guest

    Ray,

    Thank you for your quick reply. Yes it does look like Server.Transfer is
    what I am looking for. Do you know if this will permit transfer from an
    ASP page to a JSP page? That is what I need to do. I understand that ASP
    session and application variables would be meaningless in such a
    transfer and that is fine, I just need to know if ASP will permit a
    Transfer to a JSP. Also, unfortunately this is for an IIS 4 web site, so
    obviosuly we have some upgrading to do to support this feature.

    -- Chris

    Chris Geiss, Sep 22, 2003
  4. Chris Geiss

    Ray at Guest

    I don't know. Maybe someone else who's running jsp pages and IIS5 can try.
    Anyone? If jsp pages run within IIS, I would imagine it would be fine, but
    if jsp is its whole own web-server package, not a plug-in for IIS, I suppose
    it won't work.

    Ray at, Sep 22, 2003
  5. "Ray at <%=sLocation%>" <myfirstname at lane34 dot com> wrote in message
    > I don't know. Maybe someone else who's running jsp pages and IIS5 can

    try.
    > Anyone? If jsp pages run within IIS, I would imagine it would be

    fine, but
    > if jsp is its whole own web-server package, not a plug-in for IIS, I

    suppose
    > it won't work.

    No, jsp will not work. Here's an except from Server.Transfer
    documentation page:

    The Transfer method sends all of the information that has been assembled
    for processing by one .asp file to a second .asp file.
    Chris Hohmann, Sep 22, 2003
  6. Chris Geiss

    Chris Geiss Guest

    Chris,

    I saw the statement in the documentation that "The Transfer method sends
    all of the information that has been assembled for processing by one
    .asp file to a second .asp file." But since Microsoft often approaches
    things from a Microsoft only perspective (as in "why would someone want
    to link a JSP page to an ASP page") I did not want to assume that this
    necessarily precluded transferring to non-asp pages. I was hoping
    someone in the group might have had specific experience with this. I
    could of course run some experiments myself, but that would require
    upgrading to IIS 5 first and I was trying to do some homework to see if
    it was even possible before taking that step.

    Thanks for the info!

    -- Chris

    Chris Geiss, Sep 22, 2003