Does databinding affect the source data used to bind to the control?

mark4asp

I have a class containing a generic list, List<T> of static data.

Immediately after this data has been bound to a control how will that
affect the List<T> data? Does the databound control interfere with
the static List<T> data in any way. For instance what would happen if
a 2nd user wanted to use same data in another webpage, immediately
afterwards?

Should I make a copy of the static List<T> data for each webpage it is
used in?

OR

are a copy of the actual data values made for the bound control? - so
that List<T> data in unaffected

mark4asp

I have a class containing a generic list, List<T> of static data.

Immediately after this data has been bound to a control how will that
affect the List<T> data? Does the databound control interfere with
the static List<T> data in any way. For instance what would happen if
a 2nd user wanted to use same data in another webpage, immediately
afterwards?

Should I make a copy of the static List<T> data for each webpage it is
used in?

OR

are a copy of the actual data values made for the bound control? - so
that List<T> data in unaffected

Ooops, I forgot to say...

None of the bounds controls I am doing this with present editable data
to the user. It's purely for display purposes.