    add's this functionality?

    Thanks!

    Jim

    James Radke, Dec 2, 2003

  2. James Radke

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    what are you trying to do? create a freeze pane effect on the datagrid?

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney
    "James Radke" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Does anyone know if any version of IE6 and higher supports the <tbody
    > overflow....>
    > attributes to allow us to easily put scroll bars around the table body

    while
    > keeping the headers fixed?
    >
    > If it isn't native to IE6, is there a patch or some other page command

    that

    Alvin Bruney, Dec 3, 2003

  3. James Radke

    James Radke Guest

    Alvin,

    Yes, that is pretty much what I am trying to do.

    In more detail, I found some examples on the web (see
    http://www.Planet-Source-Code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=1545&lngWId=10
    or the test_repeater at
    http://www.v4cnet.com/articles/aspdotnet/aspdotnet_004.xml ) that show me
    how to sort a datagrid (or datalist or repeater) via javascript client-side
    by clicking on the table header column; the sort is then done with no
    postback/page flicker and the up or down arrow is also placed in the header
    of that column (note: one of the samples even provides column drag-and drop
    table re-arranging on the client side).

    Unfortunately, the header rows are not fixed in all these examples, and if I
    put the whole datagrid (or datalist or repeater) within a div, the headers
    will scroll off the top. What I would like to do is to only scroll the body
    of the datagrid OR if I could figure it out, use a second table for the
    fixed headers BUT still allow the sorting to happen on the main data table
    when the fixed header is clicked on - and I haven't been able to figure that
    part out either (probably because I am weak with my javascript coding).

    From my reading, that is what the <tbody style="overflow:scroll"> should
    do... only scroll the body of the table. But, it doesn't seem to be
    implemented in IE, or I am not calling it correctly.

    Any ideas?

    Jim

    James Radke, Dec 3, 2003
  4. James Radke

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    Dino esposito has covered this issue in the october issue of aspnetpro. The
    code should be available online as well to subscribers. THe article is the
    cover story called Freeze the header scroll the grid. Using two grids
    doesn't work well. They go out of alignment depending on whether the cells
    contain empty values.

    Alvin Bruney, Dec 3, 2003
  5. James Radke

    MSFT Guest

    Hi Jim,

    As I know, this doesn't work in IE 6.0 and SP1.

    Luke
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    MSFT, Dec 3, 2003
  6. James Radke

    James Radke Guest

    Luke,

    Sure, LOL, it could never be THAT easy, could it?

    Jim

    James Radke, Dec 3, 2003
  7. James Radke

    MSFT Guest