    Many thanks,
    -T
    , Oct 2, 2006

    wrote:

    > I am a bit new to Perl. Does Perl have
    > a wait command

    perldoc -f sleep

    --
    David Filmer (http://DavidFilmer.com)
    , Oct 2, 2006

  3. wrote:
    > I am a bit new to Perl. Does Perl have
    > a wait command

    What happened when you just tried to read the documentation?
    See "perldoc -f wait"

    > that will suspend on the command
    > for a determined amount of time?

    You are not looking for wait(), you are looking for sleep().
    Details see "perldoc -f sleep"

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Oct 2, 2006

    wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > I am a bit new to Perl. Does Perl have
    > > a wait command

    > perldoc -f sleep
    >
    > --
    > David Filmer (http://DavidFilmer.com)

    Thank you!
    , Oct 2, 2006

    Jürgen Exner wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I am a bit new to Perl. Does Perl have
    > > a wait command

    > What happened when you just tried to read the documentation?
    > See "perldoc -f wait"

    You answer the question below. It described a function he was not
    interested in.

    > > that will suspend on the command
    > > for a determined amount of time?

    > You are not looking for wait(), you are looking for sleep().

    You couldn't just give that information. No, you had to be a sarcastic
    asshole first.

    , Oct 2, 2006