Does someone has a 5-line working example of SOAP server request?

Stef Mientki

hello,

I want to ask some simple queries to a SOAP server ( through wdsl). The
ICT department advised me to use a dot-net environment, because that
should be able to handle wdsl automatically. As I have a quite large
Python desktop application and I still don't understand what a "dot-net
program" is, I prefer to add SOAP to my existing Python desktop application.

Reading Dive into Python, the chapter SOAP web services, I estimated
that would be very doable, without diving to deep in the details of
SOAP and other web-protocols. But following the instructions in that
book, I couldn't get it working. I also noticed that the libraries they
suggest pyXML, fpconst, SOAPpy are relatively old 4,5 years, so these
libs are either perfect or dead. So I tried some other libraries lxml,
zsi,soaplib, but probably due to a lack of detailed knowledge of the
soap protocol and it's usage, I couldn't get anything working.

So could someone tell me what libraries I need to perform a SOAP query ?
Is there a 5-line (Dive into Python had a 4-line example ;-) that can
show the SOAP query is working ?

(btw I use Python 2.5 on Windows if that matters)

thanks,
Stef Mientki