Does VS.Net use the command-line compiler internally?

Jon Maz

Hi All,

Am I correct in assuming that the VS.Net Build Command (Ctrl + Shift + B)
just internally invokes the command-line compiler that you would have to use
if you didn't have VS.Net? And when you do compile using VS.Net, is there
any way of seeing the compile commands it generates?

TIA,

JON

bruce barker

you are correct. to see the commands, replace vbc.exe with you own that logs
the command line, then calls the real one.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Jon Maz

Hi Bruce,

Wow, you make it sound so simple... maybe it is, I have no idea... any tips
to get me started?

Cheers,

JON