    for me because the image file is on the client system.

    Thanks,

    Jim
    Jim Hammond, Nov 12, 2003

  2. Jim Hammond

    Oliver Guest

    Your assumption is correct. The control only points to the browser to the
    location of the image. If you had a uniform/known location for the images on
    *every* local system, you might be able to make it work as:

    <asp:Image id="Image1" runat="server" ImageUrl="c:\windows\Soap
    Bubbles.bmp"></asp:Image>

    Not a very satisfactory/practical solution.

    "Jim Hammond" <> wrote in message
    > Does a WebControls.Image object actually contain an image, and if so, how
    > can I get it?
    >
    > As far as I can tell, the WebControls.Image class does not contain the

    image

    Oliver, Nov 13, 2003