Does XP have a problem with iFrames?

Onson

My wife is running XP and she cannot see the content in an iFrame window.
The window is there, correctly spaced, etc., but nothing shows up in it. I
go there with 98 and it looks fine. Just wondering if XP has a problem with
that tag for some reason or other? Thanks in advance...

Onson

Hummm? That anti-frame tirade hardly addressed the question. All good points
though, and I quit using frames on my large website long ago. However, when
I leased a discussion forum that gave me full HTML control, I decided to
consolidate my entire website and present it on the same page as the forum.
(Forum on the left, web site on the right). Tables were difficult to set up
and I had the forum controlled via CSS. However, this was not easy to do
because of the way the hosts set up the maintenance pages. I.e., you are
allotted so many k for the header, so many for the upper part, bottom part
etc. I did set it up, however, only to discover in the end that the kbs
allotted wasn't near enough for my purposes. Hence the final resorting to
the iFrame.

As one of your links says, "frames are evil (most of the time)." I agree
with this, but the iFRame in this instance filled my need admirably and
simplified the task. Without it I don't have a clue as to how I would have
accomplished this.

Sam Hughes

My wife is running XP and she cannot see the content in an iFrame
window. The window is there, correctly spaced, etc., but nothing shows
up in it. I go there with 98 and it looks fine. Just wondering if XP
has a problem with that tag for some reason or other? Thanks in
advance...

It would help if you provided an example of a URL.

By the way, is it really capitalized as "iFrame"? Sounds like it's some
Apple product :D

Wim

Onson said:
My wife is running XP and she cannot see the content in an iFrame
window. The window is there, correctly spaced, etc., but nothing
shows up in it. I go there with 98 and it looks fine. Just wondering
if XP has a problem with that tag for some reason or other? Thanks in
advance...

iFrames could be disabled in your wife's security settings, well that of
her browser I mean.

William Tasso

Duende said:
While sitting in a puddle Mark Parnell scribbled in the mud:

Sorry to hear that.

Fear not - there's plenty of after-market bolt-on goodies.

rf

Mark Parnell said:
My wife didn't come with security settings. :-(

Lucky Bastard. Mine does. She keeps all the money inside one of them :-(

Cheers
Richard <looking around for some spare coin to buy a beer/>.