    The window is there, correctly spaced, etc., but nothing shows up in it. I
    go there with 98 and it looks fine. Just wondering if XP has a problem with
    that tag for some reason or other? Thanks in advance...

    Onson, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Onson

    Arjan Guest

    > Just wondering if XP has a problem with
    > that tag for some reason or other? Thanks in advance...

    I'm using XP and don't have problems with iframes...

    Arjan, Dec 20, 2003

  3. Onson

    brucie Guest

  4. Onson

    Onson Guest

    Onson, Dec 21, 2003
  5. Onson

    Onson Guest

    Onson, Dec 21, 2003
  6. Onson

    Onson Guest

    "Arjan" <c> wrote in message news:3fe4acb4$0$152$...
    > > Just wondering if XP has a problem with
    > > that tag for some reason or other? Thanks in advance...

    > I'm using XP and don't have problems with iframes...

    Many thanks. Will check out the links Brucie provided and see if I can find
    a clue...

    Onson, Dec 21, 2003
  7. Onson

    Onson Guest

    > http://html-faq.com/htmlframes/?framesareevil
    > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_vajzovic/tom/web/frames.html
    > http://www.karlcore.com/articles/article.php?id=2
    > http://david.us-lot.org/www/frames/

    Hummm? That anti-frame tirade hardly addressed the question. All good points
    though, and I quit using frames on my large website long ago. However, when
    I leased a discussion forum that gave me full HTML control, I decided to
    consolidate my entire website and present it on the same page as the forum.
    (Forum on the left, web site on the right). Tables were difficult to set up
    and I had the forum controlled via CSS. However, this was not easy to do
    because of the way the hosts set up the maintenance pages. I.e., you are
    allotted so many k for the header, so many for the upper part, bottom part
    etc. I did set it up, however, only to discover in the end that the kbs
    allotted wasn't near enough for my purposes. Hence the final resorting to
    the iFrame.

    As one of your links says, "frames are evil (most of the time)." I agree
    with this, but the iFRame in this instance filled my need admirably and
    simplified the task. Without it I don't have a clue as to how I would have
    accomplished this.

    Onson, Dec 21, 2003
  8. Onson

    Sam Hughes Guest

    "Onson" <> wrote in

    > My wife is running XP and she cannot see the content in an iFrame
    > window. The window is there, correctly spaced, etc., but nothing shows
    > up in it. I go there with 98 and it looks fine. Just wondering if XP
    > has a problem with that tag for some reason or other? Thanks in
    > advance...

    It would help if you provided an example of a URL.

    By the way, is it really capitalized as "iFrame"? Sounds like it's some
    Apple product :D

    Sam Hughes, Dec 21, 2003
  9. Onson

    Wim Guest

    Onson wrote:
    > My wife is running XP and she cannot see the content in an iFrame
    > window. The window is there, correctly spaced, etc., but nothing
    > shows up in it. I go there with 98 and it looks fine. Just wondering
    > if XP has a problem with that tag for some reason or other? Thanks in
    > advance...

    iFrames could be disabled in your wife's security settings, well that of
    her browser I mean.

    Wim, Dec 25, 2003
  10. Onson

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 23:34:14 +0100, Wim declared in alt.html:

    > iFrames could be disabled in your wife's security settings,

    My wife didn't come with security settings. :-(

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Dec 28, 2003
  11. Onson

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Mark Parnell scribbled in the mud:

    > On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 23:34:14 +0100, Wim declared in alt.html:
    >>
    >> iFrames could be disabled in your wife's security settings,

    > My wife didn't come with security settings. :-(

    Sorry to hear that.

    --
    Duende
    The best defense against logic is ignorance.

    Duende, Dec 29, 2003
  12. Duende wrote:
    > While sitting in a puddle Mark Parnell scribbled in the mud:
    >
    >> On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 23:34:14 +0100, Wim declared in alt.html:
    >>>
    >>> iFrames could be disabled in your wife's security settings,

    >> My wife didn't come with security settings. :-(
    >>

    > Sorry to hear that.

    Fear not - there's plenty of after-market bolt-on goodies.

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

    William Tasso, Dec 29, 2003
  13. Onson

    rf Guest

    "Mark Parnell" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 23:34:14 +0100, Wim declared in alt.html:
    > >
    > > iFrames could be disabled in your wife's security settings,

    > My wife didn't come with security settings. :-(

    Lucky Bastard. Mine does. She keeps all the money inside one of them :-(

    Cheers
    Richard <looking around for some spare coin to buy a beer/>.

    rf, Dec 29, 2003